For an extra exfoliating boost, use this berry enzyme mask for a deep cleanse to the skin.
Berries have a high concentrate of enzyme in them, called alpha-hydroxy acids. These acids help exfoliate away dead skin cells from your face and renew the skin for a fresh and glowing complexion. This enzyme mask also contains lavender oil, which is soothing to the skin and it smells amazing.
To be mindful with enzyme masks though, some extra sensitive skin types may not be able to handle the process of dead skin cell removal via alpha-hydroxy. So always patch test on the most sensitive part of the body, on the inside of your wrist. If no reaction occurs within a few minutes then you should be good to go.
Of course, you don’t have to add in lavender either, peppermint is also a great alternative and works brilliant for inflamed skin, especially acne and blemish prone skin. Or skip the fragrance altogether and keep it neutral just in case you’re worried you might have a reaction to any scents on the skin.
This mask does use yoghurt as it’s core ingredient, so you don’t want to be mixing up excess amounts, or it will go off very quickly. This mask is designed for a one time use only. This recipe will accommodate for one mask only.
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 cup of coconut yoghurt
1/4 cup of blueberries
1/4 cup of raspberries
1 drop of lavender essential oil (or any other oil of your choice – or none)
Now the best part, mixing together all of your ingredients for the best enzyme mask you’ll experience.
Here’s how to make the mask:
- Blitz the yoghurt and berries together in a blender until the berries have broken down completely
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and add in your chosen drop of essential oil. Make sure not too out anything more than 1 drop, as it will be too potent and the essential oil could damage or burn on the skin.
- Start by cleansing your face and removing any dirt, grime, makeup and anything else that may be sitting on the skin.
- Apply the enzyme mask on the face, neck and décolletage if you wish, or just stick to the face and leave it on for 10 minutes.
- You will feel a slight tingling on the face, this is completely normal as the enzyme works to remove the dead skin cells and fizzle them away.
- For clear and glowing complexion make this mask and use one or twice a week.